What is the best mod you have done so far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for fun, I was curious to see what people think are the best things they've done to the trucks so far. It doesn't have to be power related, function is fine or ever style.

I'd have to say mine is the lift and the 383 with the custom tune:iq:

The hood and grill guard give it a great look though.

Last edited:

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric fan conversion!! EFAN TUTORIAL The hyper tech made some great changes to the shifting points with the taller tires but I can certainly feel a greater power gain from the fans MOD.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Electric fan conversion!! EFAN TUTORIAL The hyper tech made some great changes to the shifting points with the taller tires but I can certainly feel a greater power gain from the fans MOD.

I've read about electric fans and am thinking about it.

Since it's winter, 50ish degrees or less with an odd 70 degree day here and there, I don't get in bad traffic sitting there going nowhere situations, would it be ok to just take my fan off for a few weeks to see what this would do for my power and mpg? Promise I'll watch the guage!

My best mods:

I've only had my Tahoe for 6 weeks now and have been having some problems so the only mods I have is bluetooth stereo moved from my old car, a new cigarette lighter socket in the ceiling console for my gps and 265/75s.

I think some previous owner must've had 265/75s and had the speedo recalibrated because it actually reads right now. It read 3-4mph fast with the stock size 245/75s it came with.

I'm GOING to do:
HID lights

Aux lights

some kind of dual exhaust, cats in my yard

debadging, de-"black-strip down the side rockers" maybe gmt900 tahoe badges like another guy here has, maybe painting or powdercoating bumpers black, maybe black grill. (I have a white 4 door)

hardwired gel-cells and inverter on charging relay for away from the truck 120v power-pack fun, in truck 120v always-on and emergency starting if I leave my lights on someday.

maybe some type of little lift whatever's necessary to go up a few tire sizes

maybe a new intake with regular injectors if that can be done for less than $Texas

if my transmission ever quits, manual swap.

maybe train horn.

Last edited:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint, rollpan, cowlhood, frenchedplate, groundeffects, lights.. So basically the whole outside body is all done waiting for the motor and interior next yr

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting a badazz tahoe:thumbsup:
cv-1.jpg

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF!! I have seen a lot of trucks in my 41 years on this earth but never one with headlights like that!

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i have to agree. i've seen that truck in picture on here a lot but always must have looked rite over the headlights.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough out of all the **** I have done to my truck, my favorite mode has got to be just replacing all the broken ****. I have probably replaced $1000 worth of stuff but afterwards i always feel good about it. IDK call me weird i guess.

Second one have to be the lift.

That Limited is definitely the first truck i have seen make the Rover headlight conversion look good. Nice truck man.

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough out of all the **** I have done to my truck, my favorite mode has got to be just replacing all the broken ****. I have probably replaced $1000 worth of stuff but afterwards i always feel good about it. IDK call me weird i guess.

Second one have to be the lift.

That Limited is definitely the first truck i have seen make the Rover headlight conversion look good. Nice truck man.

thank you! but the front end is long gone. what a pos kit dont watse your money!
:iagree:

SS5800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best mod, Amp and sub Lol. Nothing else really done to it except re carpeted trunk.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, probably the Edelbrock headers, but honestly... I am going to agree with newmarketEOD: replacing/fixing parts that need replacing/fixing is very rewarding. It's the feeling of knowing that something wasn't right and you made it right.

Sadly,there is still a lot that needs fixing in my hoe haha. It's all about time and money, though.