What is the Best Power Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
I need opinions on the best power programmer on the market for a 2007 Yukon 5.3. I like the Edge Evolution because of the mounted in cab display, and have heard good things, but your opinions is what I need on whats the best. I do have A K&N Cold Air intake system I want more power and to be able to adjust shift points comp. for my larger tires etc. I also have no emmisions test or DOT inspections to pass in my state. I know using a software progam and a laptop is probably the best way, but I dont want to go that route. I would also like to find out what you guys think of a throttle body spacer any benefits and is there one that does not whistle Finally, one more thing. An exaust system to go with the intake and a programer. good free flow without a drone sound in the cab and not much louder that stock unless gettin on it.

2 E L O

Reaction score
You're probably not going to be terribly satisfied with any handheld programmer, to be honest... I did a ton of research when I got mine and it sounded like the general consensus is that the Hypertech Max Energy was the most popular--but I'm not terribly satisfied with it. If you want actual mpg and performance gains, you need to go with a custom tune which is surprisingly about the same cost, if not cheaper, than a custom tune.

I don't have one, but everyone that has ever, in the history of the earth :lol: gotten a Blackbear tune has loved it. Jennabear is a member on the site...get in touch with her or go to blackbearperformance.com...

A throttle body spacer is pointless on the new 5.3s...don't waste your money.

I have a Gibson dual sport cat-back exhaust system and am in freaking love with it. It's got a nice, super deep tone with NO DRONE whatsoever at any rpm. It's a nice quiet, deep, throaty tone under normal driving conditions...when you stomp on it you may attract a little attention though. :D It's not as loud as the Flowmasters, though...not even close! And it looks cool as hell with the two 3" angled outlets behind the passenger rear wheel...

It was simple as hell to put on...only took me about an hour and 15 minutes or so... The hardest part was cutting the old pipe in half to get it out from over the axle.

Go here and listen to the sound clips for the new Tahoe/Yukon: http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/sounds/

I have the dual sport system...I got it off Summit Racing for about $435. Part number GIB-5610 I believe....