What is this part (for dummies)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thesheriff

Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL Denali. I just bought it and was rolling around underneath to take a little peak. I found this mount torn and looks more compressed than the passenger side. What is this mount and can it be repaired? Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• JonanPristia05.2008050.jpg
    JonanPristia05.2008050.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 17
  • JonanPristia05.2008051.jpg
    JonanPristia05.2008051.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 6

thesheriff

Reaction score
I am not sure if it was lowered. I just bought it and it appears to be at stock height. Is there a reason for concern?

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but if the passenger side is higher I'd measure up both sides and see what's the difference. As far as replacing the bump stops, I don't know what they go for fot they're relatively easy to remove and install. They just twist off as you pull..

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no concern, the bumpstops in the front come that way from the factory. One side may be more compressed if your not on an even pavement

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It shouldn't be sitting on the bumpstops in the first place. If it is sitting on the bumpstop on level ground, then something isn't right somewhere. That means you wouldn't have any suspension travel upwards, only down.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is supposed to be a gap between the control arm and the bump stop, there is no suspension travel there at all,there should be at least an inch or two for suspension travel,that truck seems to be lowered for sure,you have to cut those bump stops in half.

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is strange, as i noticed this this weekend on my 04.....
i have been looking for this crazy sounding rattle i've been trying to track down; i had my torsion bars cranked just enough to clear 285 tires, and my bump stops are both equally gapped at about 1/2"...i thought something wasnt rite, but i was glad to find this post; i swear i learn something new everytime i log on....