What kind of shocks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what lowering kit will fit with my truck, so I called a couple of local Chevy dealerships in my area to find out what kind of shocks I have in the rear. A few shop tolds me that I have the manual self adjusting shocks, and a couple of other shops told me I have the Premium Ride Shocks. Are the Premium Ride Shocks also considered as being Autoride? If I'm getting conflicting information how can I find out what shocks I really do have? Out of all the shops I called (about 5 in total) 3 of them said I had the manual adjusting shocks which is about $400+ dollars a piece

Any ideas guys?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have access to your window sticker, it should have a suspension package listed. Iirc, the Z55 package is the Autoride package that screws you because there are no drop shocks. The shocks from every other package can be replaced with aftermarket "drop" shocks with no problems.