What size torx wrench needed to remove 05 tahoe door panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting my head unit installed yesterday I am installing new speakers in the truck today. I ran into one problem though - the torx screw in the front door panels.

Does anyone know what size it is offhand? I'll run to the store later to try and find what I need but figured i'd check here in case anyone knows...

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the size.. but you can't buy just one torx bit screwdriver, they usually come in a set.

My set was 9.99 and has 40 interchangeable bits with 6 torx bit sizes in it.. Walmart for the win!!!

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the size.. but you can't buy just one torx bit screwdriver, they usually come in a set.

My set was 9.99 and has 40 interchangeable bits with 6 torx bit sizes in it.. Walmart for the win!!!

You actually CAN buy a Torx driver separate, they're just hard to find. I'd still go with what he said... the set will do you well. ;)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Unless the screws have been replaced before with something different, the screws should be 7mm hex, not torx (you can also use 9/32). If it was replaced, then a screw that size will probably range anywhere from t-15 to t-25, more likely a t-20.

Last edited:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, i figured out what it was about 20 minutes after my original post. It was a T-20 and was the original hardware.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yep, i figured out what it was about 20 minutes after my original post. It was a T-20 and was the original hardware.
Just curious, but what screw was it exactly that you had to remove that was a torx? I probably work on 10-15 of these model trucks a week since the day they came out and have never had to remove a torx screw to remove the door panel, front or rear.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding I was like a 7mm.

Hmm? I bought mine used and some ******* was in them panels before...lol

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sit corrected. Ha!

The stock air box requires torx biit, realized that when i switched my filter. Whole reason I had to go buy some.