Wheels & Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSquared

Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace the stock 16" wheels on my '96 Z71 2 dr. I've pretty much decided to replace them with the newer stock 18" wheels the Tahoes, Suburbans, etc. are rolling around on. I've got a pretty good idea the tires I'm going to go with are the BF Goodrich All Terrains. The problem I'm having is I have no idea how to find out the other dimensions on the newer stock wheels (the width of the wheel), so I can determine the size of the tires I will need to get to fit the new wheels. I'm sure this is a pretty easy thing to find out, I'm just so ignorant I have no clue how to go about it. Thanks for any tips y'all may have.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im doing the same thing on my 98 4x4 got some cheap priced 18" escalade rims from an 06 for 200$ just gotta get some R18 all terrain's :p thinking total cost will be 1350$ with warranty on those new tires. Also refering to your question just find out what suv your wheels will come off of so lets say a 03 z71 suburban right well go on google and search "03 z71 suburban factory tire size" and wala you got the tire size you should get in my case its P275/70/R18 for my new rims, GoodLuck :D