Where can I get an OE Nav unit installed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdogg

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing an OE nav from ebay. I was wondering if any if you know where I can get it installed and be able to use all the extras that i have already. I currently have the bose sound, rear dvd, and steering wheel controls. I tried purchasing an after market nav unit, but i have concerns about some of the "adapters" that I would need in order to use my current extras on my tahoe. I was wondering if just maybe I can take an OE nav unit to a GM dealer and get it installed.

Please advise?
j-dogg

jdogg

Reaction score
I am not looking to do the install myself. I will be the first to admit that I am worthless when it comes to installing electronics.

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An independant installer can do it for you for sure but they won't be able to physically turn the unit on as it more than likely will come up with a security lock warning on the screen because the vin #'s don't match between the NAV unit and the Vehicle.
You will just have to take it to the dealership and have them unlock it using their computer "doohicky" and make sure they set it up with the correct codes to match your vehicle ie the Bose system.
Hope this helps
Jonathan

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my 04 Denali it didn't have the touch screen Nav that came out on the 05. So I bought the 05 Nav off of ebay and I took it to the dealer to install since they had to program it, they use what they call a "tech 2 tool" I think they charged me like a $100 or maybe a little more. I don't think other shops have the tech 2 tool except the dealer.
Hope this helps