Where is the XM tuner in an 07 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
Where is the factory XM tuner located in an O7 Tahoe? I plan to use the OEM XM antenna for my Sirius radio and I need to know how long of a cable is needed to conenct the XM antenna to the head unit (I already have the adapter). I have read that the tuner is located behind the glovebox in some GM's, but I'm not sure if that's true for 07 Tahoe's.

Thanks

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a short discussion with one of our tech's, xm receiver is internal in the radio. Doesn't matter if you have nav or not, it's still internal.

wolfpack1298

Reaction score
So the XM antenna actually plugs directly into the back of the radio? I was told by someone else that the XM tuner is located behind the glovebox and the antenna connects to the Tuner. The tuner then connects into the back of the radio.

I bascially need to locate the end of the antenna connection so I can hook it into my Sirius tuner.

Thanks

Xclusive

Reaction score
After a short discussion with one of our tech's, xm receiver is internal in the radio. Doesn't matter if you have nav or not, it's still internal.

No the XM unit is located behind the glove compartment. if you drop you glove compartment fully so it is almost reaching the floor and then look up into the right hand corner you will see it.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, behind the glove box that is where the ipod lock pick hooks up too in the tahoes. Is on the right side behind the glove box