Whistle/whine starting the car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed lately that my car will occasionally whistle/whine around the steering wheel column when the car starts. Can't exactly figure out where it's coming from. I'm not sure if it's coming from the same area but the car whistles/whines when accelerating as well. It whistled before but now it just seems like it got louder. I installed an AEM intake this past weekend, but it was still whistling before I put the intake in so it can't be the intake...any other suggestions? I have a feeling the whistle when accelerating may have something to do with the whistle when starting up the truck.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be...would that also whine when starting up the car as well?

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a constant whine (meaning I always hear it) that changes with engine RPM. I think it's a bearing somewhere (alternator, etc.). I know I better find soon or will face failure out there on the skyways and byways.

I have to change all the fluids soon, so that will be a good time to research.

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out, because it seems like my whine is becoming more constant as well...you can hear it when the rpm's go up and you can hear it when rpm's are going down to a stop.