Wow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on KBB this morning looking to see what my girl was worth....KBB came back with a $7550 trade-in value. WTF?? How in the hell are you gonna value a 03 Yukon in perfect condition that low? I've got tow, Bose, leather, Nav, 20" wheels, exhaust, about every option you could ask for! I get compliments on my truck every time someone gets in it, and you're telling me its worth about as much as a base 2000 Dodge Intrepid? If I ever need to sell her i'm completely and totally screwed.

Thanks midle easterners for absolutely tanking the value of my vehicle as well as everyone else's on this board. Because your countries are lucky enough to be situated above the majority of the world's oil supply, I guess that means you have the right to dictate oil prices like complete and total a**holes. I guess I can't blame ya, after all this world has become so castrated and worried about being politically correct, it permeates every single aspect of every single issue. Gouge on.

Thanks US government for not giving a **** about gas prices. Thanks for sitting quitely by while your citizens get raped at the pump. At least you aren't offending anyone, that's whats important after all. Sell the drilling rights in the gulf to China, but don't allow US companies to touch the oil in the gulf. After all, its much better for the environment if Chinese companies drill and benefit from it right? What happened to the Machiavellian tactics that shaped the world as we know it? How are we, the world's last superpower being bullied by Mideast oil prices and Birkenstock wearing hippies?

Thanks environmentalists for missing the point completely. After all, the interests of our country are nothing compared to the importance of saving the noble Alaskan shrimp tailed shrew, or the rare beautiful strain of peet moss that would be threatened if we were allowed to access the oil we have within our own borders to help our nation. These noble creatures have the inherent right to life, regardless of how it affects our economy. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Exxon for jacking your prices up as far as you possibly can so that anyone that needs a large SUV will be sure to be penalized for driving it. Record breaking multi-billion dollar profits every quarter for the last few years, well done. My last fill up cost me $115. Next week will be the same story. My gas is costing more than my truck payment, what's wrong with this picture? I'm all for a free market and making a profit but come on...does it have to be so blatant? What ever happened to patriotisim in this country?

Sorry I like to have a large vehicle to tow my family around. Sorry that I want them to be as safe as possible if we're involved in an accident....I guess that's selfish of me. Eventually gas prices will force me into a little rollerskate hybrid, which will crumple up like a piece of wet kleenex in an accident. Oh well, at least I'll be able to sleep easy at night with the knowledge that I did my part to maintain political correctness.

Sorry for the rant. I've been pissed about this for awhile.

Last edited:

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain EZ. I live next door to a f'n tree hugger who has no clue on what it's like to have a family and the need to have a big vehicle to move them around in and keep them safe, hell, he and his hippie wife can't even have kids. Keep your girl as long as you can. I am. You won't see me in a sardine can..

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to sell mine for 19k and didn't take it, instead I'm buying some fans and more mods. 17mpg would be fine for me, I make enough money not to get stuck in some electric garbage although I may build up a mildly modded civic hatch just to take back east for vacations if I'm the only one in the vehicle.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy does it EZstreet. We all feel the pain and we all live with the choice we make to drive these rides. Mini vans will haul most moderate to even large size families for a lot cheaper. I had one when my family was young, did my time, don't want to go back, as a result I've resigned myself to paying more per month for gas. I agree, there is a lot of bullsh*t going on right now and I agree our nation could have and should have done more sooner, now we're playing catch up. It's good to vent some times and get all that frustration out, just don't stay pissed, that's never good. That being said, 7550 sounds way low even for trade in. The dealer needs to low ball you because he has to be able to make a profit when he turns around and sells it, you're always better off with a private sale, trade ins screw you every time. What was the high book or private sale price?

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we get the majority of our oil from mexico, then saudi arabia and canada possibly being tied. Thats from some figures that I saw a few months ago. Our government makes about 18cents per dollar for taxes. Thats a lot more than what the oil companies make, and of course everyone else who is involved in the processing and sale of the oil. The government doesn't even explore or do much of anything to find the oil. I can see why you are upset, but there are a lot of variables that led to this and there is plenty of blame to go around. I'ts really not worth to sell your vehicles now but if you must, do a private sale if possible.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should live in Northern Virginia where I live - right outside DC. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Prius.....or a Camry Hybrid.....or an Escape Hybrid.....or a Civic Hybrid. Originally they opened the HOV lanes to the hybrids - it worked so well that now they are planning to close them to single driver hybrids. The government gives -then takes away. I'm far from a tree hugger - I'm a pure conservative - but I think the hybrids are kinda cool. However, what are they going to do with all those batteries when they are permanently dead? The technology that has my attention is natural gas. Honda makes a Civic that runs on LP gas which is equivalent of about $1 per gallon right now. I see buses, trucks and cars running on this product, and the vast majority of the gas is domestic. It's a pain to 'fill up' right now due to difficulty in locating a supply, but hopefully that'll ease up.

Make no mistake - I LOVE my Yukon and plan to keep it. Like Boost, I'm considering a second car for various activities. Also, I love to ride my bike - if I had a shower at work I'd ride my bike the 10 miles to work. It'd save me $6 worth of gas every time and my 50 year old body would get healthier.

I don't mind the oil companies making a profit - that's what makes capitalism great - but like Donkey Punch, the government's take really ticks me off. You don't see them backing off - there are members of our government who'd like nothing better than to price gas right out of the market. If they 'feel our pain' they need to open up markets and offer the oil companies TAX BREAKS for exploring alternative sources. Not subsidies - breaks - and get off their backs about their profits. Encourage them to USE those profits developing alternatives.

Oh, well, I don't claim to be the smartest individual - but having the government tinker with the economy is not good for any of us.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until we are able to start using hydrogen. There are already vehicles that run on it very well. BMW has about 300 Hydrogen 7s on the road that people are testing. The toughest part is compacting Hydrogen into liquid form. So there are only a few hydrogen stations in the US.

There is nothing more I hate than tree huggers preaching against our large vehicles. Hybrids are only a band-aid to a huge problem, and you'll never get enough of those on the road to decrease our demand on oil anyway.

According to KBB, my truck with 70k miles is worth $14,500. As much as I love the truck, I'd love even more to get rid of it and get an '02 Camaro SS. At least you can get 28MPG after a couple mods and the value can't plummet any quicker than what I'm driving right now.