04 tahoe misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chad195

Reaction score
Just bought a 04 tahoe 5.3 with a hundred and thirty thousand miles on it it has a misfire I replaced the original plugs and plug wires and tested the coils and coil seem fine but it smells like it's running rich and can't tell why it's missing. Seems to clear up at higher rpms and will only through a p0300 code.

Last edited:

Firewolf01

Reaction score
Just bought a 04 tahoe 5.3 with a hundred and thirty thousand miles on it it has a misfire I replaced the original plugs and plug wires and tested the coils and coil seem fine but it smells like it's running rich and can't tell why it's missing. Seems to clear up at higher rpms and will only through a p0300 code.

I have the same issue, changed plugs, coils check out fine. My buddy hooked it up to a genesis, and both cats are reading lean. Next step, check the fuel injectors. Thats as much as I know right now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chad195

Reaction score
I'm getting lean codes now bank one and two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

chad195

Reaction score
I tested the fuel pressure and pressure regulator and they were good but when I went to release the pressure the gas had a green tint to it.

Firewolf01

Reaction score
I tested the fuel pressure and pressure regulator and they were good but when I went to release the pressure the gas had a green tint to it.

Interesting....[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scorpio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious if anyone figured out this code and fixed the problem