04 Tahoe Starts then dies, not interior lights and says charging system not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbarbee54

Reaction score
The batter is good, checked that. Head lights come on, tested battery it is fine, 2 month old Optima red top. Car starts and then dies. No interior lights will come on, windows don't work, and the dash says charging system not working. Will a bad alternator cause all these issues in this vehicle? This is my wife's car, never had any issues in the 6 years we have been together. 102k on it, oil changes every 3200 miles since I cam in the picture, before that every 5k. I drove it 2 days ago and was fine. go to move it to put xmas stuff up in the garage, starts then dies like 1 to 2 seconds. Turns over and starts then just dies. No check engine or anything.

Help wife just lost her job as we worked together, met there got married, and worked together for 10 years. When I took a promotion in our field with another company the CEO threatened to fire her if I did not take their counter offer, was 10K and no promotion, when I was getting 50K and a huge promotion. I left, 4 days later they fired her.... So we are trying to save any money we can. We were dependent on both incomes. So trying to figure this out and see if I can do it on my own. I am ok handy around a car engine.

Located Folsom CA

riley040210

Reaction score
Yes it very well can be your alternator use a multi-meter to test it or take your vehicle to a local auto repair shop and have it very well may have died. I just had to replace mine last month mine had all of the same issues and said not charging