04 yukon: Problem starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WERK562

Reaction score
I tried installing an aftermarket head unit on my 04' Yukon but it being my first time. I messed up and cut the factory harness instead of adapting one. I wired all the wires and it was working fine. I left off and just securely sealed the (data cable) that a buddy of mine told me i should not have touched. The truck was working fine and i've only had it for about 2 months. Now its been acting a lil funny. It intermittantly began to struggle to turn on, as if the battery were low. It happened a few days in a row that way, then all of a sudden, i had turned on my truck after it being off for about 12 hours just parked on the street and when i had started driving, i only made it about 1/2 a mile, when i stopped at a red light and it began to shake a little and the (rpm's) started to fall and the vehicle turned off. When i put it in neutral and tried to start it again, the lights on the dash were flickering and the vehicle was making the noise as if the battery was dead. i let it rest for about 10 seconds, then when i tried it again, it started, but every time i would be coming to a stop, i had to put it in neutral and keep accelerating it, in order to stay on. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks and i dont have much money saved up, so im trying to save up some incase this is a big problem, (which im hoping is not). But do you thing that this problem has anything to do with that cable from the harness? If not, do you have any idea what this might be? And in regards to that wire, is that factory harness with the data cable something i can get over the counter and wont be to hard to re-install? Please help...

WERK562

Reaction score
My bad, i just created an account and this was my first post... can ya point me in the right direction???