06 Tahoe few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy-lyfestyle

Reaction score
Ok so, a few issues here but I'll explain all 3 of them as best as possible
IM a new member here hoping you guys can help me out

Now for the quick.rundown.... I bought this Tahoe from a police auction it was a decommissioned sheriffs vehicle don't know if that has anything to do with this or not I know it's relevant to one issue though

First, there's these wires I THINK were to the old computer and siren setup I was wondering if these will affect anything being the way they are or if there's a way to tell if there's still power to them. I could use them for lights and such but here's a pic of that
http://tinypic.com/r/15nk2ea/8

My other issue is the airbag and check engine lights are on but I had both systems scanned at my local auto shop and neither system therethrew an error code but the state I live in restrict them from clearing the codes only the dealer can clear the codes.
Plus I got the service tire pressure monitor message on the dash. I tried to to use the parking brake and external light switch to reprogram the sensor.but after the 2 horn beeps to program the sensor won't detect pressure increase or decrease on Any of the tires. I can't get the
ingles horn beep at all.
Soo that being said... Any help or.suggestions??

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
I use to install car stereo's and the proper colors were Red for 12v positive (ignition switched on), the black would be a 12v ground (grounds all the time), the yellow would be 12v power all the time (ignition on or off) Reason for the yellow was to keep your clock and radio stations in when the car was off.... I would say they were for the police computer (MDT) only being 3 of them. Test them with a tester and see if they still have power and that is my guess that is what they are is for power coming up, not lights and sirens.

I would take it to a mechanic and let them scan it instead of your local auto parts store. They have much better scanners and the luck I have had with auto parts stores a long time ago was they show nothing and mechanic scanner shows something. I would say you have a problem somewhere and their basic scanner is not picking it up. Example... I have a very nice Nav unit in my Tahoe and it plugs into and connects to the test connection and I had problems with my ABS...I had lights coming on and it showed no codes. Mechanic showed codes... I would get it to a mechanic and get that resolved. They can show current codes and codes in it from the past unless they wiped them out from the past.

With the tire pressure sensors if you follow the right procedure and you get the horn to beep like it is supposed to how much air are you letting out of each tire? Got to do at least 10 pounds from what I remember, plus have to follow the proper sequence doing it... Driver Front, Passenger Front, Passenger Rear, then driver rear.... Sounds like you are not letting enough air out.

If you want you can get a TPMS Trigger tool and right now Tire Rack has the Cub on on clearnce for 19.99 plus shipping...They are normally 80.00 and I got one and worked great for me and great price.

You still have to do your reset procedure, but you can let the tool do the sensing and go on to the next tire without letting air out. Very cool I must say and you get a nice box with it, rechargeable batteries, charger, and how can you beat that for 20 bucks. It will tell you tire pressure plus the sensor ID of the TPMS sensor.

If anyone else is looking for a new toy for their garage they have them and I think it is limited stock and pretty cool. I used mine to wake up 2 new sensors I had installed and avoided a trip to the dealer by it waking them up. For 20 bucks how can you go wrong right?

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?make=CUB+TPMS+Trigger+Tool&partnum=CUBTOOL&ID=177

Ok so, a few issues here but I'll explain all 3 of them as best as possible
IM a new member here hoping you guys can help me out

Now for the quick.rundown.... I bought this Tahoe from a police auction it was a decommissioned sheriffs vehicle don't know if that has anything to do with this or not I know it's relevant to one issue though

First, there's these wires I THINK were to the old computer and siren setup I was wondering if these will affect anything being the way they are or if there's a way to tell if there's still power to them. I could use them for lights and such but here's a pic of that
http://tinypic.com/r/15nk2ea/8

My other issue is the airbag and check engine lights are on but I had both systems scanned at my local auto shop and neither system therethrew an error code but the state I live in restrict them from clearing the codes only the dealer can clear the codes.
Plus I got the service tire pressure monitor message on the dash. I tried to to use the parking brake and external light switch to reprogram the sensor.but after the 2 horn beeps to program the sensor won't detect pressure increase or decrease on Any of the tires. I can't get the
ingles horn beep at all.
Soo that being said... Any help or.suggestions??

Chevy-lyfestyle

Reaction score
I got the tpms problem solved. I was told to deflate for 10 seconds not 10 psi, thank you for clearing that up for me. I found the reason the scanner didnt get anyghing was the fuse under the hood was blown. Hvent had it checked since then though... but uhm now in checkinh into the fuse situation, i noticed that the tcmb (tramsmission control module) fuse has been completely removed from the fuse box. Theres not even any small metal clips for a fise to snap into. Could that have something to do with the vette servo that was installed prior to me owning it? Possible CEL cause? And Any good recommendations on a decent priced yet efficent airbag scan tool?

Bald Jerry

Reaction score
TPMS Scanner

I got mine at Tire Rack when they were having a close out for like 25.00 and just looked and they are long gone. Looked it up on eBay just now and see someone is selling them for 199.00.....Pretty insane huh? If they are getting them at that price I wish I would have bought tire rack out and bought them all.

They only go up to a 09 which is fine for me because all the famliy vehicles are of those years before they swtiched to the newer sensors which requires a different one.

I have to say for spending around 25.00 plus the shipping it doesn't get used a whole lot, but makes reprogramming much easier then draining the air out of the tires. Works great for me because I have the tires from Costco and they have Nitrogen fill...
I got the tpms problem solved. I was told to deflate for 10 seconds not 10 psi, thank you for clearing that up for me. I found the reason the scanner didnt get anyghing was the fuse under the hood was blown. Hvent had it checked since then though... but uhm now in checkinh into the fuse situation, i noticed that the tcmb (tramsmission control module) fuse has been completely removed from the fuse box. Theres not even any small metal clips for a fise to snap into. Could that have something to do with the vette servo that was installed prior to me owning it? Possible CEL cause? And Any good recommendations on a decent priced yet efficent airbag scan tool?