07 Tahoe 2wd lift advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherkel

Reaction score
I just bought a used 07 Tahoe. 5.3 non flex 2wd. I want to put a leveling kit on the front. I found some bolt on leveling kit spacers that are suppost to be an easy install and keep the same ride quality. I also wanted to replace the shocks/struts when I did it. Anyone done this before and can offer me some advice on brands, what to do, what not to do, tips or tricks? Thanks!

taho3fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just crank up the front torsion bar. If you to lift it more, just can add front leveling keys and rear coil spacers.

jherkel

Reaction score
Wont that take away from my ride quality if I crank the bars??

Dace

Reaction score
Wont that take away from my ride quality if I crank the bars??

I would ignore advice from someone who doesn't even know 2wd Tahoe's don't have torsion bars.

Probably the worst way to obtain lift is just to crank the torsion bars (which you don't have). Second worst is just throwing spacers/leveling keys in because it really messes with the geometry of everything. It's a quick way to ruin a lot of parts prematurely. If you just want "the look" and don't care about premature wear and slopping handling then go for it.

The best way to lift a 2wd vehicle is with lift spindles. They maintain the correct geometry for your steering and hubs. They are also fairly cheap and easy to install.

Edit: didn't realize I was in this forum. The older Tahoes could easily be lifted with a cheap spindle lift for less then $500 which is what I have. The generation for this forum Tahoes, which I also have, take a little bit more then just a single spindle kit. Some come with a spring spacer and new controls arms to tilt your geometry back to stock. The more expensive ones come with new lift spindles and sub frame. Sorry I dont have a better answer. GM made it hard to lift these 2wd tahoes properly in this generation.

Last edited: