08 Hybrid Bump-n-Jump P061B & P0AC4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jagman10

Reaction score
Well I'm another case study;Tahoe #2 for me upgraded from an 02 well at least i thought i was. I have been thankful i didnt sell it yet. only I have the persistant problem happens everytime i drive it now. Unfortunatly Maher Chevrolet told me after the first time bringing the car into them that they will only look at it again if i agree to have them install a new engine! I was shocked and taken back and deffinately not off to a good start. the first time they had it I had them try to figure out the problem which they tried and failed by changing #1 fouled spark plug and added a quart of oil and told me the engine is shot i couldnt believe what i was hearing Its got 105k miles. Its remarkably clean, but it does have a seal in front leaking some visable oil. So they wouldnt try again even after i asked them to check the trasnsmission pump. All well

So I need t find a qualified hybrid machanic in the St Petersburg FL area. But I usually do all my own repairs untill this.

So after hearing all the different cases with the same exact problem at least it seems to be the item that seems most logical is the Aux. transmission fluid pump. It only runs when the vehicle is in EV (in Elec. mode). I'm not to clear on the snap ring that has been known to come off of the pump. and how to check it. Anybody have any useful insight id really like to know what has been working if anything!! Thank you in Advance.