'08 Tahoe NAV, Time & features keep resetting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RottsRoc

Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue and find an answer?? My NAV keeps changing my Region from the SW (Az.) to DC area. When this happens the clock advances 2 hours, the "Limit Features While Driving" changes from "Off" to "On", and the Caution splash screen comes up on power up??? Once I reset everything back to the way I need it it may stay for a couple to several engine starts. Dealer says it needs "recalibrated" then says it only works half the time then they replace the whole system/unit!! This issue has been going on for about 2 months best I can tell. Coincidentally I had the battery replaced 2 months ago......dealer says that's what caused it but couldn't tell me why it didn't happen with the first 3 battery changes..........Anyone have any ideas???
Thanks

GreaseMonkeyLSX

Reaction score
i had an issue with my 09 tahoe no nav but i noticed it would reset all presets on the radio and clock once in a while it wouldnt even crank it ended up being the ground cable assembly. put a new one in never had that issue again

RottsRoc

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for both the suggestions, I appreciate it as "nothing" has worked so far. I did notice that if i disconnected the negative battery cable, let it sit for a few minutes then reconnected it the problem went away for a few days......but eventually came back....:sad72: