0w-20 oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my first oil change and after some research I used the Mobil 1 0w-20. I heard that this will increase that gas mileage. I will let you all know how it does!

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw that in the store and it seems like a sales pitch to me and with 0w once its heats up scares me....seems like it would be the consistency of water but i know very little about fluid mechanics

let us know how it does

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better live in a very cold locale as may void your warranty if your engine goes Tango Uniform.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! How much of an increase in mileage (if the claims are actually true) are you realistically expecting?? I would not use any other viscosity grade other than what the manufacture recommends. You may be setting yourself up for major engine trouble down the road if you continue to use. Switch back to the recommended 5w-30!!!!

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the auto repair business and I called my oil supplier about this and he said that it's ok to do. A lot if the 09 models will be using this oil. Ford and mazda have switched majory of their vehicles to 0w-20. I have a lot of customers who have done the switch and we have seen no negative effects yet. The only thing I have noticed so far in the tahoe is that the 4 cyl mode kicks in and stays on a lot more than it used too. I will keep u posted on the performance.