10 questions please help lowering advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
Hey guys i want first thank you if u help because this thread is all over the place with a lot of questions
Im about to buy a tahoe and plan on lowering it on 26s what would be the best drop lower the better but i want it to look even and if i need to tow anything would this effect it or air ride what are pros and cons about air ride does it ride bad im going to be using it daily and travel i do plan on putting 2 12inch subs each weight about 100lbs in the back i was thinking of doing a 3/5 and roll my fender in the front so i have no rubbing issue please if u can help big thnx its my first suv drop oh and for ppl in cali how much are you filling your tank with

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Rolling front fendor in front will not help. The tires run the on plastics on the inside, you will have enough travel.
2. You will have to cut the rear inner plastics, drive it for a week and you will see where they rub and cut them out.
3. do new shocks also if doing spring only set up.
4. Here is a picture of my old tahoe with 26's 2/3 drop.

10146--1.jpg

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i want first thank you if u help because this thread is all over the place with a lot of questions
Im about to buy a tahoe and plan on lowering it on 26s what would be the best drop lower the better but i want it to look even and if i need to tow anything would this effect it or air ride what are pros and cons about air ride does it ride bad im going to be using it daily and travel i do plan on putting 2 12inch subs each weight about 100lbs in the back i was thinking of doing a 3/5 and roll my fender in the front so i have no rubbing issue please if u can help big thnx its my first suv drop oh and for ppl in cali how much are you filling your tank with

if you go on tahoeyukonforum.com you can see all the info there i posted. Ive sold hundreds of kits there and have the same truck as you.

on the 26s 295 25 26 and my custom 3/5 kit rides great and works
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=140

you will need to cut the rear bumpstop bracket off the frame. now for those that want to run a little more tire i do the 2/3-4 adjustable kit here on 295 30 26 and there are no issues
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

any questions just hollar back

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
ok cool big thanx for the help
i like the 2/3 drop on 26 looks good
would a 3/5 be too much and is the 295/25/26 the biggest tire i can use if so would i be running any risk or is it still good smooth sorry so many questions not use to the suv n big rims use to just build small street race stuff

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3/5 kit requires the free travel mod. Here is a customers truck I did last week on 305 35 24 and my 3/5 custom kit
2012-03-15143326.jpg

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
Oh cool i see what it does thnx so let me get this straight for 26s on a 3/5 drop need a drop kit and free travel kit cut out the plastic in the rear is that it any rolling??

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
Perfect thnx were can i find the free travel kit or is it in the kit you showed me and for that tire size would i bee running any risk i should know about....do u think i can still tow if i need to or would i need an air ride kit or something once again sorry for all the questions

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the free travel mod is something you will need to do in order for the kit to ride right.

if your going to do towing you can add the airlift helper bags they run $85 dollars

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
Oh alright i got it and as far as airride kit how many bags do i need or how much is the system what if i want to have it even lower as when i park it ijust wanna drop it is that possible

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh alright i got it and as far as airride kit how many bags do i need or how much is the system what if i want to have it even lower as when i park it ijust wanna drop it is that possible

honestly save your time/money and hassle just do a static drop with air helper bags in rear and call it good. ive been around these trucks more than enough to know if you want to bag it dont have it as a daily dont care what anyone says.

DJ2XCEL

Reaction score
Oh alright now im confused whats the best way then to do this

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i stated above the 3/5 kit and then you cut the rear bumpstop backets off the frame and you add in the rear air helper bags which go inside the coil springs and those are 85 dollars.

When your ready to order just call me or email me im around 24/7 as you can see by this thread :)