1998 Tahoe Interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five

Reaction score
I'm new here just picked up my first Tahoe and came across this site seems like you all have a great site with tons of info and some really nice vehicles.

I picked up a 1998 Tahoe from a friend who was nice enough to give it to me. It needs some work, front end damage not too bad though, minor body work and some suspension work due to the ball joint breaking loose from the lower control arm. Luckily he was only pulling out of a parking space when it happened so its not to bad.

I was thinking of swapping the interior out for the Escalade interior but not sure what models are interchangeable. I have a Navy Blue Interior so I'm not too sure if I could find a color to go with that. So heres my main questions:

My Tahoe is a 1998

What year Escalades are interchangeable with the 98?

Since I have Navy Blue interior will I be able to find something to match that? Or will I be looking at swapping the whole interior out? Those of you that have done this, what have you done?

Also looking to swap out the instrument cluster so any input on years that interchange with this as well?

I have always loved the Tahoes and have finally been able to put my hands on one and have the time and money to make it my own so any input on what you all have done would be great. Thanks in advance!

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
your best bet would be to ask somebody with a 98 tahoe like yourself your question was asked in the 2007+ section

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
I bought a 99 Tahoe last month and am doing the same thing you are talking about. The interior I purchased from a wrecking yard was out of a 1999 Escalade. My interior color is tan so this goes well with the beige interior that the Escalades have. I'm not sure what the beige interior would look like with blue trim but that depends on you.

You would be looking for interior out of a 99 Escalade since it is the same body style. I am still in the process of body/suspension work so the interior is still sitting in a corner so I cant give you any information on what is involved in installation yet. Would you like a photo documentation of the process? I suppose I could start a thread with a step by step. I am pretty close to being done with the body work on mine but then it goes to the paint shop for I would guess about a month since I am working it in between jobs.

I attached a couple photos of Escalade interior that would probably go with your interior.

Attachments

• 2000_cadillac_escalade_1704-E.jpg
    2000_cadillac_escalade_1704-E.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 2000_cadillac_escalade_1744-E.jpg
    2000_cadillac_escalade_1744-E.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
$600.00 total. I buy a lot of parts from the this wrecking yard so they like to keep me happy. That $600.00 included front and rear seats, center console, instrument panel surround and door panels front and rear. I also picked up some rocker mouldings from a 2000 limited.