1999 Chevy Tahoe will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kebler95

Reaction score
Ok , where to start....
Well from the beging I was driving back home from work the other day when my truck decided that is just wanted to die on the highway. Get back home start the check up. Oil Good, Battery Good, Atlenater Recently changed good. Trans oil good.. ok soo truck wont start find out got no spark.. ok start checking the Coil , Coil gone back no spark coming through. So I change the Coil the next day, well here is where i come to be stumped. Still no spark, Truck still will not turn over, it is a hard start like it really wants to but just can not. So has anyone else ever had this issue? Any Suggestions on what this could be or is ?????
Please help i am stumped...

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your post is very confusing. How can you say you don't have spark when the engine will not turn over. Are you saying the engine will not crank or are you saying that the engine spins/cranks but will not fire off? Big difference.

kebler95

Reaction score
I do apologize for the post to be confusing. My engine spins , n cranks but will not fire off to start. I am under the understanding that it does not have no fire , that's where that came from. Hope this clears up more of situation.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you saying you know for sure you have no spark? If you have a spare spark plug then remove a spark plug wire and plug the wire on to the spare plug and hold the threads part of the plug against a metal ground area and have someone spin the engine over and see if you have spark across the gap. No spark then go look at the dist cap and rotor and see if you see a burned spot inside the top of the cap. It will look a lot like a circle that has spread out like throwing a rock in the water and watching the small wave spread out in a circle. If you do have spark then you need to get a fuel pressure reading and report back.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know there is no spark? Have you tried checking at the coil? Shot of carb cleaner in the intake?

kebler95

Reaction score
Ok, I have changed the Coil, The Cap and Rotor and the module which failed the test, and now it runs like a champ. Thank you everyone here!!!

But!! Why is my service engine light on now, I was thinking that maybe i need to reset the comp. by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. . I dont really feel any issues with the truck.

kebler95

Reaction score
The Service Engine Soon light was on, I decided to unplug my battary to see if the computer just needed to be reset.. YEP. All is good now. My Southern Beast is back on the road!

Thank you all here who gave me the advice needed!!