1999 Tahoe 4X4 Recommended Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BemisBasser

Reaction score
Guys,

This is my first post here and I need advice on maintenance on my Tahoe. I have owned it for 3 years and it has 109K on it. I bought it from an elderly couple who only used it to travel. It runs great. What maintenance items do I need to address that would make this thing ride alot better? I.E. shocks, u joints, etc. Also, advise me of any maintenance items that are preventative.

Thanks,
Jason

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say replace the shocks if the ride is bumpy or you see signs of fluid leakage.

Grease bearings if applicable, some are sealed.

Replace radiator hoses if they are starting to dryrot.

Inspect coolant for rusty color, if present, flush and replace thermostat.

Keep transmission oil changed every 30K.

Change front and rear differential oil.

Inspect spark plugs for signs of wear, normal appear brown to grayish-tan with no pitting or signs of intense heat.

Inspect rubber bushings on suspension system for signs of dry rot, or if there is a clunking sound during driving over bumps.

There are so many items to cover, I havn't even made a dent. You stated that it still rides great, so just keep up with standard maintenance according to the manual maintenance schedule. Hope that helps....