1999 Tahoe roof inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1am847

Reaction score
I have a '99 Tahoe that I recently had a new roof installed because of a light roll. To install the roof rack I bought the GM hexagon shaped nut inserts. I have a nut setter tool set that I thought would work to install them, but I found out they have metroc threads. I did find a dealer I could order the metric mandrels from, but I'm concerned if the tool I have is the one that I need to install these inserts.

1am847

Reaction score
Well, I took a chance and bought a metric THREAD SETTER tool on eBay that I recieved today. Well, that did the trick, I installed the threaded inserts. So if any of you girls and boys out there roll your Tahoe and need to replace the top, get a metric THREAD SETTER tool and you too can install your threaded inserts. Thanks to everyone that took the time to look and listen to my problem.
1am847

aodlfuente

Reaction score
Well, I took a chance and bought a metric THREAD SETTER tool on eBay that I recieved today. Well, that did the trick, I installed the threaded inserts. So if any of you girls and boys out there roll your Tahoe and need to replace the top, get a metric THREAD SETTER tool and you too can install your threaded inserts. Thanks to everyone that took the time to look and listen to my problem.
1am847

no pic´s or picture how look you work