2-Way KeyFob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you mean you "don't" need it. I agree, I think it's cool but not needed. However, I am pushover for geeky technology sooooo.....

:)

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway to extend range of stock transmitter?

Is there anyway to extend the range of the stock transmitter? Mine pretty much works only as you are walking up to the car....

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to extend the range of the stock transmitter? Mine pretty much works only as you are walking up to the car....

Try putting it under your chin when pushing the button. :rolleyes2: I don't know why this works so often but it does.

neweagle

Reaction score
Try putting it under your chin when pushing the button. :rolleyes2: I don't know why this works so often but it does.

Useless trivia for you: there's just enough of an electrical charge running through your body to amplify the signal sent out by your FOB. :Chevy:

yukonpyro

Reaction score
Sign me up!! If this remote comes out as an option to add it onto current systems, I will be first in line!! I added a system like this to my ex-Escalade and I can't tell you how often I used the screen on the key fob. I could always tell what was going on with the car from up to 2000 feet away. I am a night club DJ and I propped the remote in front of me so I could see if someone was trying to steal the truck while I was working by butt off!!! It was also convenient to be able to see if the remote start command worked and to be able to do it from just about anywhere. The whole system installed with remote start and a bunch of other goodies was less than $500 in case some of you must have it now.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...

Useless trivia for you: there's just enough of an electrical charge running through your body to amplify the signal sent out by your FOB. :Chevy:

I have done it in the past..sometimes works sometimes does not...guess I was looking to see if there is an aftermarket transmitter with a much greater range that will do everything the stock one will do....I used to be able to start my 02 Tahoe from a couple blocks away with a Viper Alarm. You can get aftermarket remotes to control all your home/audio equipment, they should make aftermarket car remotes that can be programmed to control your car just like the stock controller...

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is totally cool! Sounds like it will not be availible to add on to the 2007s or maybe even the 2008s. I love the idea of the tire pressure check and the gas tank reading.
big_picture.aspx

p26963

Reaction score
I was going to post the same. I've been trying different ways of trying to get them to work from away for the Tahoe... but I haven't tried the "under the chin" method.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the factory remote start setup with an aftermarket one? The Matrix 3 I had on my old Tahoe had a 1/4 mile range and I had it setup for an hour start time, not this 10 minute crap! :rolleyes2: I'd like to replace the stock with an aftermarket alarm / remote start setup, but would also like the ability to program the back window and door to open as well, just like on the factory fob....