2000 Tahoe no sound from radio?!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00TahoeZ71

Reaction score
The wife hit a pothole on I-40 outside of Flagstaff and the sound stopped. At the time we had a CD in but it wouldn't work with the radio either. It appeared to power on and the CD showed it was tracking and changing tracks. Not a Bose system but it did have the volume reduction on braking. I put in a new Pioneer thinking that would solve the problem. Wrong..... I noticed another thread and it said to jumper the aux power on to the "pink" wire on the harness plug that is no longer used. I found no "pink" wire on the plug. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

VIN: YR170750

doylee4693

Reaction score
The wife hit a pothole on I-40 outside of Flagstaff and the sound stopped. At the time we had a CD in but it wouldn't work with the radio either. It appeared to power on and the CD showed it was tracking and changing tracks. Not a Bose system but it did have the volume reduction on braking. I put in a new Pioneer thinking that would solve the problem. Wrong..... I noticed another thread and it said to jumper the aux power on to the "pink" wire on the harness plug that is no longer used. I found no "pink" wire on the plug. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

VIN: YR170750

If you have onstar then there is a second harness that connects to youre original head unit,it probly just dangling around in youre dash right now.Find that and cut out the pink wire and connect it to the either power control wire or the attna control wire.Im pretty sure its the power control wire and voila you should have sound!

00TahoeZ71

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The truck doesn't have the Onstar option. Nor is there a pink wire in the 9-pin. Would you happen to know which pin # ? This plug has pins from 7 -15. I hate to just start running the jumper to each pin to see if one of them works. I don't want to blow fuses or worse blow the amp or new head.

Thanks!

Randy

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have any speakers been replaced? It's possible 1 speaker is shorting on the door which triggers protection on the radio, shutting off the outputs.

2001TahoeLS

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that. I am in the middle of an aftermarket install and didn't know if there was a trigger wire for the stock amp.

If you have onstar then there is a second harness that connects to youre original head unit,it probly just dangling around in youre dash right now.Find that and cut out the pink wire and connect it to the either power control wire or the attna control wire.Im pretty sure its the power control wire and voila you should have sound!