Sound System silent when cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ueww40

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe with a 6-CD OEM radio which worked fine all summer. Now that temps are going down to near freezing all of a sudden the entire sound system is dead when I start out in the morning, not a peep. The system is Bose and I don't think it is the radio, because it has power and everything seems to work like normal including the CD player but there is no sound. No FM, no AM, no CD, no nothing. After 2 or 3 hours of driving with the heater on and the car is nice and cozy all of a sudden the sound comes on loud and clear and everything is fine from then on until the next day. I suspect that there may be some corrosion or something like this with some of the Bose amplifier connections which I would like to check but I don't know where GM put that amplifier. Does anybody have any suggestions what could cause this and where the Bose box is?