2001 EBCM Module Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superintendent

Reaction score
Because I drive in SE NY, I had to cut a hole under the driver's seat to get at the EBCM module and even then I coundn't get it out. But it was a lot easier to remove the brake lines to drop the pump to grind off the heads of the screws holding the module in. I sent it to Module Master in Idaho and they did a great job. For $151 they rebuilt the module and sent 4 stainless screws and an allen wrench. ABS and BRAKE light have not come back on since I reinstalled over a week ago. I still have the push back on the brake pedal during a slow turn and will have to clean the wheel speed sensors again. With 190K miles, I still love her and the next job will be to replace the leather seat covers from The Seat Shop in Texas.
Tranny has never been rebuilt but is beginning to slip.
DSCN0181.jpg
Rich in NY

cashflow50

Reaction score
what year is your hoe? I too am wondering if I need to replace my EBCM. Do I have to cut a hole on the floor of the drivers side to access the EBCM? I'm having the same issues with "service brake system" along with ABS, brake and Traction control lights on the dash. Not to mention "reduce engine power" also. I checked the wires going to the TPS and wires look good.

Did you have to relearn or reprogram your new EBCM installed? How?

Superintendent

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe. A hole in the floor is not necessary if you plan on removing the pump. Cutting and patching the floor was not a problem for me. I had to remove the pump because of all the salt that is used here in the northeast. The 4 screws were not removable without taking the pump down. My problem, and from what I learned by reading a lot of posts, was that the ABS light and the Brake light were coming on as soon as I hit a bump after starting the car. There is a communication failure that happens when the car hits a bump and that brief interruption will turn both lights on until the car is shut down.
I sent the EBCM module out to Module Masters in Idaho and for $151 they rebuilt mine and sent me 4 stainless screws. No reprogramming necessary. It has been 3 weeks now with no ABS or Brake lights on except for starting the car. I have never experienced the Traction Control light on or the reduced engine power. I have also read on posts that the ABS pump can continue to run even after the car is turned off due to a failed relay in the EBCM module. Mine did not do that but it was all corrected in the rebuild.
Rich in NY