2001 Tahoe 5.3L Electric Gauge Flutter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sloHOE

Reaction score
Anytime I turn on the A/C the electrical gauge flutters up and down and the engine idles rough (fine if driving). It's much worse when the rear A/C is on as well. The A/C still blows cold, so I don't know if it's the A/C or some power issue? It wasn't too bad, but now at idle the car will do that flutter and when I'm in a parking lot shifting from Reverse to Drive or vice versa it can just shut off if the engine isn't idling high enough. The shutting off doesn't happen that often, but the car is only driven 2-3x per week. There are no engine codes or anything, I don't think it's the battery since it's only 2 years old (and an Interstate). Any ideas?:help:

sloHOE

Reaction score
Basically I cleaned out the throttle body and poured a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the gas tank and problem solved. Finally found on someone's personal blog that tahoes/yukons suffer from heavy build up in the throttle body and cause all the symptoms described above.