2001 tahoe spark plug change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuner20

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum and would like to change the spark plugs on my mothers 220xxx mile 2001 tahoe. I would like to know what type of spark plugs are reccomended best, and possibly a link to a DIY guide? I searched but couldn't find any... She claims that she's never had them change but I find that hard to believe. Regardless they probably do need to be change anyway. Is this an easy job? Also if anybody could add in some more useful info regarding a tune up I'd really appreciate it as I would like to help her out as much as I can. Thank you

jetstreamaviation

Reaction score
Not sure about an 01 but an easy solution to this would be to purchase a package on ALLDATADIY.COM They come in 1 year $26.00 and 5 year $45.00 deals. Better than Haynes or other manuals at your local parts store. My 03 has had a technical bulletin that changes the plug type and gap. This type of info is in those packages.

Donut Slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are pretty easy. I would get a/c, NGK's or Autolite's in a iridium plug. Should run you about $7 per plug. Get A/C wires too. They make 2 sets, one for round coils and one for square coils. The difference is the length of the wires. One is 9.5 inches long the other is 11. The only plugs you'll have any problems with are the rear on the passenger side. The drip pan for the air conditioner is right next to the plug and its sharp. Ask me how I know. The steering shaft is in the way for one of the plugs on the drivers side but it aint that bad. Make sure to use a little anti-seize on the plug threads and di-electric grease on the wires. Also don't throw away the heat shields on the plug wires or you'll be sorry later.

partsguy

Reaction score
Stay away from AC Rapidfire plugs. I put them in my 01 @ 165,000 mi and it barely ran. I had a misfire in every cylinder.

just my .02