2003 Tahoe 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakdrft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I tell if I have a shallow or deep trans pan?

07burb

Reaction score
Look underneath it or look in your owners manual. It's most likely the pan that came from the factory. Why is this a concern?

Colesdad

Reaction score
This is going to sound weird but during my engine swap, somehow or another I knocked a very minute hole in my tranny pan. I was trying to replace it and ran across the same question, whether I had the deep or shallow pan. Even with my tranny pan in hand they could not tell me which I needed. They had neither in stock and no dimensions. We did however discover that the filters are different. I brought in my filter and compared it to the two they had in stock and determined that I had the shallow transmission pan by the filter.

bakdrft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trans pan

Yeah I check the parts stores they ask if its a shallow or deep pan. My buddy said the same thing. It has to do with the filter. I am going to disassemble and take the filter in. Price is the same and Im sure the pan footprint is too.