2003 Tahoe instrument cluster gauges failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwhitnell

Reaction score
Ok, my gauges are not working,,,the connector plug connection is good,,,I tap real hard on the cluster and it starts to work, then after a while it goes off, all gauges fail, speedo, tach, oil amp,etc. I know it is something inside the cluster itself, can anyone tell me what has failed? If you don't know, don't respond, if you have an opinion don't respond, if you have posted more than 500 posts, don't respond. If you wish to know why, don't respond.

Dsmspickdad

Reaction score
You have a defective gauge cluster! There was a recall back in 08' most vehicles where outside of the parameters. Rockauto, EBAY, and Amazon. Replace the entire gauge cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peeeeetey

Reaction score
My gas and oil pressure gauges have gone bonky. Do you think...? I bought new stepper motors but haven't tried them yet. I had knock sensors repaired and all the protective covering for the wiring harness is now gone from what I thing is the bundle with the oil pressure sender wiring. Gas gauge has been pegged full for 2 yrs.

Last edited:

Bigharv

Reaction score
I just did a nice cluster off Ebay for $200. All new guts and LED lights. Worth the time and hassle of looking for one used.