2003 tahoe - stereo speakers inoperable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCPride

Reaction score
Stock Bose system....
At first the bass was lost. Then my front speakers started popping. Now the front speakers wo.t work st all, still pop occasionally. Can barely hear door/key chimes. Then back speakers quit working for short time. Now they're working again. For now....
Help please!!!

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I would suspect a wiring harness plug has come loose or is coming loose behind the dash. But I am no stereo expert, there are other members here that are though who should chime in soon...

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speakers could be shot, or your amp could be on its way out.... Get a spare speaker and pull the door panel to test. If the speaker plays normally then its the speakers...if you have the same result, then the amp could be suspect. I believe your stock amp is behind the glove box. Also it wouldnt hurt to check the wiring harnesses both behind the stereo and at the amp.

DCPride

Reaction score
I have pulled the radio out. Plugs seemed fine. Will go to dealer to try and get a schematic to check all wires, harnesses and plugs.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a spare speaker laying around? Even a small house or boombox speaker would work just for testing....you could either pull the door panel and put the wire leads to the speaker terminals or pull the head unit again and put the speaker wires to the terminals on the harness (Plugged into the radio of course)