2003 Yukon Denali Stereo Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_dbc

Reaction score
My 03 Denali will be arriving this week and I plan on installing a Kenwood DDX 6019 DD DVD with navigation, Kenwood Bluetooth, Kenwood Sirius Interface and Kenwood Backup Cam. I also plan on adding a 12†sub with external power amp. To be honest I’m not 100% sure what type of factory stereo I have but I assume it’s the Bose with factory amp and I do know it has Onstar.

What do I require for a dash kit, wiring etc to do this install and retain my Onstar and steering wheel controls? I don’t mind keeping the main speakers on the factory amp unless someone advises using the Kenwood factory HU power. Also I’d like to keep most of my cargo space so any compact Subwoofer install suggestions are welcomed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to have all the necessary components for when the truck arrives. If the savings are decent I don’t mind losing the Onstar but would like to retain the Steering Wheel Controls.
Thanks,
DBC

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i got the same setup, but the problem is that your onstar is discontinued in your year unless you can find a dealer who can still upgrade your onstar, so dont worry about that adaptor. but usually its in the same harness to install your stereo. now if your deck is like mine youl probably have to cut off a chunk in the back of your dash to get it to fit. and you need another adaptor for the steering wheel remote but im not sure on the part number for that, but you can probably search it on ebay and finally you willl need the car kit to install it. me personally though I didnt need the sleeve that came with the stereo, the kit i purchased bolted on to the actual stereo itself. so good luck!

mr_dbc

Reaction score
Install Completed

The install went well. For anyone interested in doing the same, here’s the list of required parts.
1. PacOS2Bose- Stereo interface to retain door chimes/onstar $200
2. SWI-Jack-Steering Wheel interface $30
3. 95-2009 Metra DD Dash Kit $20
4. GM Antenna Adaptor

I ended up having to Dremel away about an inch of my dash behind the stereo to get the HU to sit the way I wanted(thx Gordo). 3 hours later, DDX-6019 with Sirius Interface, Bluetooth Module, GPS, Backup Cam and a Single 10’ Sub were mounted. All in all there were no huge road blocks and the final install looks and sounds great. I added a 15†Clarion overhead DVD to the equation today which In/Outs to and from the HU.

Thanks,
DBC