2004 Tahoe XM Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboykilroy

Reaction score
I need to know the Wiring Pinouts and positions on the 04 Tahoe XM plug behind the glove box.

Any one know them?

Orange, Green, Black, Etc?

bigboykilroy

Reaction score
anybody know or have the schematic of the 16 pin XM connector behind the glove box?

chevytech03

Reaction score
hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• Digital Radio Receiver.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 100

bigboykilroy

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Radio Class 2 Serial Data and the ADG Class 2 Serial Data?

It looks like the XM Module connects its serial data to the 207 Splice Pack near the E-brake pettal.

Would it be ok to tap the Radio A1 Pin for the Class 2 Serial Data the XM Module needs?

Where is the Splice Pack 250 Located on a 04 Tahoe?

Last edited:

chevytech03

Reaction score
Yes, it is the same. It should work at pin A1 connector C1. sp 205 is located In the I/P behind the left I/P fuse block, sp 207 is Taped to the I/P harness behind the I/P Fuse Block. sp 207 is easy to find. you could use terminal J or L in sp207, they are not used.
Here are more schematics that might help.what are you doing? adding xm?

Attachments

• digital radio.jpg
    digital radio.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 33
  • sp205.jpg
    sp205.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 31
  • sp207.jpg
    sp207.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 22

bigboykilroy

Reaction score
I'm trying to add the Sir-Gm1 unit to my truck.
I have the Denali 6 cdx changer installed also and it works great.
When i installed the first sir-gm1 i used their y harness, i got alternator noise and bleed thru from the Sirius and the cdx.
The rear entertainment control, not the DVD player (don't have that) will not show CDx when the sirius is on and vise versa.
I just installed a new Sir-gm1 into the truck with the XM direct wire method.
it works but the cdx sound is still distorted when the sir-gm1 in plugged in...the altinator noise is now gone..so thats a bit o progress.
if i unplug the Sirius unit while the cd is playing you immediately hear the sound clean right up and its perfect again, plug the Sirius back in and it distorts.
I have access to a Tech 2 should I add the XM option into the BCM? Does anyone have instructions on how to do that. its almost like the cdx and the Sirius are on the same bus channel.
what are peoples thoughts?

Last edited:

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the BCM...there is no XM programming. When you add a new XM receiver, it's just plug and play. (Used units do need a VIN clear)

I had the same problem with one of those ipod adapters. It make the cdx sound like crap. I never really got around to troubleshooting it, so the ipod adapter just sits in my desk for now.

Sorry I can't be more help. I hope you fix your problem.

bigboykilroy

Reaction score
thanks, it help to know that im not the only one. I'm trying to figure out a fix.