2005 Rear Brake Line Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbysDad

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the rear brake line should run up above the spare tire under the Tahoe? Walking back to the Tahoe I noticed that the brake line was hanging underneath the spare tire and know it should not be that way. I tucked it up above the spare tire for now to be safe so nothing on the road could get it and rip it off.

I am guessing it should be on a hanger or something above the spare tire up above it due to it runs and follows that path going underneath the spare tire as I found it.

About to do some other work on it now and hoping someone knows exactly how it should run and be secured up above the spare tire. It followed that path exactly being under it. I am guessing it should have a hanger or something up above the spare and either it came off of it or probably the hanger rusted off letting it fall and driving made it drop down under the spare by bumps and all that.

Figured I would ask on here first while I work on the Tahoe before I drop the spare and take a look case I need to go buy something to get it back up and secured so it does not go under the spare tire underneath it again.