2005 Tahoe knock sensor problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

londonarrow

Reaction score
NEED HELP!! 2005 Tahoe knock sensor problems

Hello,
I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe with 5.3. I recently had check engine light come on. Read code P0332. Rear knock sensor bad because of corrosion. Ordered two new knock sensors and harness from 1A Auto. Pulled old sensors, cleaned out corrosion and installed new knock sensor (15 ft lbs) and harness. Light went off. Drove 100 miles or so and light came back on. This time show P0332 and p0327 both sensors. 1A Auto warrantied them and sent me new harness and sensors. Replaced AGAIN. Light came on after a day of driving. They ohm tested at 99.9 ohms. What is the problem? All grounds to motor and frame check good. Please help! I also noticed gassy smell when light is on. Prob from running rich from the code? Need help!

Last edited:

Gears

Reaction score
Replace the sensors with new GM parts to much work to rely on aftermarket. Good luck

londonarrow

Reaction score
OEM

That's the general consensus I'm getting. Just hard to believe. I use aftermarket parts all the time and never have a problem. I'll give it a try!
Thanks

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do this again make sure the harnesses are either AC Delco or Dorman and use Fel Pro gasket set for the intake