2005 Tahoe ~ "Service Stability" HELP!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laff

Reaction score
The Service Stability light comes on and I loose cruise control and vent blowers every time this happens. This has been happening off and on for many months now and has gotten worse! Sometimes it will come on and go right off. Sometimes it will come on for a few minutes or DAYS and go right back off! Taken to Chevy dealer and they checked it out and stated I needed to replace the Break Control Module. That was going to be costly. So I took it to a friend who is a Chevy mechanic at another Chevy dealer. He looked it over, checked ALL grounds, drove it and was able to recreate the activation of Service Stability and was able to run for trouble codes, which he stated none where shown - no codes! He reset & re-programed the computer. He gave it back to us and it didn't do it for awhile and then it started back again!!!! Took it back to my friend and he checked the grounds again and finally believed we needed to replace the Break Control Module, which we did. Well, it was ok for awhile and it started back up again!!!!! It was on for a good WEEK!!! Then it wouldn'tcome on for a few days. Weird!!!!!! We haven't done anything to the Tahoe such as after market alarms etc. NEED HELP to fix this!!!!! :sad72:

laff

Reaction score
First I would like to say I know NOTHING about what is "Service Stability". However, I do know when it activates, the only problem I get is no cruise control or vent "blower" function and many lights activate in the dash and stay lit. This happen EVERY TIME "Service Stability" activates, which displays where the odometer reading is and stays there until it deactivates. I never have experienced "brake" issues. Is "Service Stability" related to the ABS system??? THANKS!!!