2006 Tahoe, Rear doors won't unlock and NO heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smunster

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Tahoe LT and the rear doors won't unlock using the "unlock" doors on the car or remote. Doesn't unlock automatically when placed in park. One was working then stopped so both are now not working.

2nd question: Heater stopped working. Blows but blows cold air. This isn't really a problem in New Orleans, but with this "Polar Vortex" mess it's been quite chilly riding home. I took it to Firestone and they wanted $1200 to replace two motors. Any idea what these motors are and where I can buy them on line? Brother in law is visiting soon and he can fix anything.

Thanks,
Steve

Scrtcell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two relays in the driver side panel fuse box they are for the door locks first I would swap those relays to see if the door unlock first also you probably need to flush your heater core it's kind of common with those trucks check the hoses from the water pump to the heater core to make sure both are hot when the engine is warmed up if one is hot and the other is not equally as hot it's flush time....good luck