2006 Z71 Front Trans Pump Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4mranch

Reaction score
Had our 2006 Tahoe in a couple of weeks ago for the usual maintenance like oil and filter change. It has 110K on it and the tech stated that we had a bad leak from our front transmission pump that needed fixing. Cost approximately $1400-1500 due to the transmission had to be removed to make the repair.

I passed on this repair due to it being Christmas and told them I would do it at a later date.

Got her home and rolled under to check for myself since we have not seen any noticeable drips on the garage floor. I did not see any signs of fluid as I checked the transmission. I realize the front pump is towards the front of the tranny near the bell housing after viewing s couple of YouTube videos.

Can I get some advice on this and if there is an alternative fix like using AT-205 that claims to remedy this sort of issue.

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't trust the mechanic. Check your fluid level properly (read the manual of you don't know how) and monitor it before you think of adding anything to it.