2007 Headlight Bulb Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gp56

Reaction score
Looking to replace stock headlight bulbs with Silverstars. Does anyone know how to get access to the bulbs to remove them?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yukon or Tahoe?

If you have a Yukon, you need to remove the air intake filter box on the passenger side, then cut/pull the vinyl flap out of the way to access the rear of the headlight assembly. On the driver side,you need to carefully bend the washer-fluid reservoir neck back out of the way and cut/pull the vinyl flap out of the way. GM does not make it easy, which is why they want you to go to the dealer for replacement of any headlamp bulb (per the owner's manual). once you have access, you can twist the collar of the H13 bulb and carefully pull it out of the headlight assembly. Good luck!

gp56

Reaction score
Get wired,

See what you are talking about. Doing the drivers side first. Having trouble getting the bulb out. Is it just turn counterclockwise or push in also? Do you take the harness off first?

Thanks for your help

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it done, and happy to help! Now, if you ever go to put some HIDs in there, you know what a pain it is... :ack:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving around last night and determined that the low beams really aren't bright enough for me. I really don't want to go HID as they are pretty expensive and I saw this post and thought I'd ask some questions.

According to Sylvania the Tahoe uses Lows:H11-55W and Highs:9005
I'm interested in silverstar ultras, but they don't appear to make them in the H11 size. In fact, Sylvania lists the H11 as a FOG LIGHT BULB!!! GetWired mentioned the H13s above, will they fit in an H11 socket or not? Has anybody upgraded their bulbs, if so, what did you use and how is it working?

White Ghost

Reaction score
Silverstars

I switched out the stock headlamps with the Silverstars on my Z71 a few years ago and it made a BIG DIFFERENCE! Whiter, brighter, longer and wider dispursement of light. WELL WORTH THE $$$$ :yesnod:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some more searching and found that PIAA makes brighter replacement bulbs . I ordered the lows and highs. Once I get them installed I'll let you all know how they look.

leafman60

Reaction score
Doesnt the entire lamp assembly come out allowing easy access to the bulbs? On models prior to 07, this was the method of replacing bulbs. I cant believe you have to go to the trouble outlined earlier.

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched several different Utube video's to see what they showed.
i prefer not to for force/bend components like the washer fluid neck.
I chose to undo the top 6mm bolts that hold the center of the grill, pulled the plastic bolts to the front of the fender liner to access the one 6mm bolt holding the bottom of the light housing and the 2 at the top of the rad saddle which then allows you to pull the housing forward so its easier to reach the sockets and undo harness.
IMO its the lower fog/corner lights that need upgrade.