2007 LTZ power window module HELP PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolrays615

Reaction score
Hey folks
Looking thru the forum I didnt find my situation so begging for help here please.
2007 Tahoe LTZ, no known issues. It was driven this past Saturday but parked all day yesterday other than I got in it to get some papers out. It was raining but not a lot.
This morning when I went to leave I got in and right away I noticed my controls on my driver door wouldnt work. No power window, nothing. No power door lock either. All else works normal. I also noticed a burned smell before I cranked the vehicle. Before I got out of the driveway I noticed a smell like burning rubber but didnt see a thing. I drove a short distance to work, maybe 10 miles...parked it and pulled the positive battery cable. The smell was coming from the driver door, very strong. I pulled the control/switch panel on the door...the one that controls windows ect. Flipped it over and right away I noticed a black bubble looking spot on the unti, kinda like a black blister. I pulled the wires and the one where the blister spot was...was burned badly. The others looked like they might have been warm but not burned. Im posting pictures....any idea what the heck might have happened? Water got in the panel maybe?...panel just shorted out? No blown fuses I can find either, no bare wires ect.
Ive ordered the panel and its on the way and I think I have a harness...at least it controls the window switches. Any idea on what I might need besides the panel I have coming? Can I simply buy connecters and cut the wires and replace the burned connecter?
Any help please and thanks!!