2007 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWood

Reaction score
i have a 2007 that i have had soo many problems with the throttle body has screwed up and ive had to replace it, and the alternator as well as battery. Now i was going down the hyway and it started popping in the intake (backfiring) and had almost no accelleration. i gimped it home and checked the codes it had a code for #2 misfire. anybody ran into a problem like this?

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backfiring? Check your fuel pressure regulator to see if its bad. Key on, remove the vacuum hose. if fuel is leaking out, its bad if not, onto more troubleshooting.

DWood

Reaction score
Maybe fixed

It didnt act like it was low fuel pressure i replaced the spark plugs and it has been doing fine. I wondered if it went from 8 cylinders to 4 and somehow got excess fuel in the cylinders due to the fact that it has 127,000 miles on it with same plugs. I also have a problem with the damn evap code. it says large evap leak. i have replaced the fuel cap with aftermarket. Still set code then went and got OEM it still sets the code. im thinking possible a bad purge valve.

briando

Reaction score
I swear, if you're pushin up to 50 or 60 thousand miles, you really need to check out the BG products that Rush is always talkin about. I got 3 mpg back. engine runs smoother, starts better. its crazy man. i caught it at this little two bay shop in a small town i pass thru for work. look it up, your Tahoe, or any car for that matter will really appreciate it.

sinbadfxdl

Reaction score
It didnt act like it was low fuel pressure i replaced the spark plugs and it has been doing fine. I wondered if it went from 8 cylinders to 4 and somehow got excess fuel in the cylinders due to the fact that it has 127,000 miles on it with same plugs. I also have a problem with the damn evap code. it says large evap leak. i have replaced the fuel cap with aftermarket. Still set code then went and got OEM it still sets the code. im thinking possible a bad purge valve.

I'd replace the plugs every 3 yrs or 50k miles. Keeps the spark fresh and ensures no fouled plugs.
:happy160: