2007 Tahoe Battery issue..help!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sledaddict73

Reaction score
I recently changed the water pump on my 07 Tahoe. Everything went well, but afterward, the truck would not start. During the swap, I simply disconnected the negative on the batter terminal while I changed the water pump. Baffled, I decided to disconnect the positive also, wait a minute, then connect both terminals back up....it started no problem. About a week later, I went to leave for a board meeting....truck dead again??? I repeated the procedure, after hooking battery up again, it started no problem. Does anyone have any clue on what is going on with this thing? I figured if there was a parasitic electrical draw, the battery would simply be dead. It is odd that disconnecting the battery and "resetting" the brain, allows the vehicle to run. Is my battery slowly dying? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you forum....
Dan