2007 Tahoe Oil Pressure Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTahoe2007

Reaction score
While driving today the oil pressure message came on and said to stop driving. The Oil pressure gauge went to 0. I got to a spot and shut off the engine, checked the oil level and there appeared to be no other issues. Restarted the engine and oil pressure went back up to 40. Drove a little bit and the gauge started to go back down. Stopped again and cut off the engine. Restarted again and the pressure returned to 40 +-, there is no knocks and egine was running fine. I was only a couple miles from home so I stopped the engine and restarted again got all the way home and the pressure gauge would read between 20 and 40 while driving and almost to 0 when idling at a stop sign or in the driveway and now the check engine light came on. Again the oil is not low but it does need to be changed, in low percentages on the meter. Is it possible this could be a plugged filter?

jweezy

Reaction score
There is TSB's

Could be the oil pressure sensor TSB
and if you haven't done so and you have AFM cylinder deactivation
there is a TSB 10-06-01-008B fix for that as well.
Search on here or google or ask Chevrolet dealer for both the fixes mentioned

DTahoe2007

Reaction score
I changed the oil and filter, Oil pressure went back up to around 60 lbs and just alittle below 40 at idle after engine got warm. I have to check and clear the code tomorrow. The filter that I removed was a Bosch, good filter, but appears to have done like some of the other cheaper filters that cause backflow issues. Hopefully, the code from the ECM will reflect this.