2008 Tahoe do I need a lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stinkypinky1776

Reaction score
I just bought a 2008 Tahoe and it came with 305/30R26 rims and tires and they need to go!!!! I want to put on 33x12.5R20 my question is do I need to put on a leveling kit or lift it to get them to fit? The 2 offset options I have for the new rims is either +18 or +25. Any help would be much appreciated!

AndyManTX

Reaction score
Hey Stinky, to answer your questions, first yes you'd need to add, at minimum, a 2" leveling kit to the front. Second, figure out what the width and offset are for the rims that are on it. If the application you wish to install sticks out too wide, they might still rub, even with a leveling kit. Think of your hub as a fulcrum, a pivot point... The further your wheels stick out from the hub, the greater your tires travel forward and backwards when you turn the steering wheel. The lower the number is of your offset (+18 or +25) the more your wheels stick out and travel in steering. Thus, a +18 sticks out more than a +25. Any further questions, just ask. I hope this helps.