2009 Tahoe Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamcdonald

Reaction score
Cruise control amber light lights up or off when I touch the button steering wheel control but the cruise will not work, anyone have this issue?

mamcdonald

Reaction score
Yes it's all stock, could it be the brake lite control located on HHS brake pedal ?

NathanJax

Reaction score
Some LED tail lights mess with the cruise so that's the first thing most people usually ask.

Could be that control though, yes

zar19595

Reaction score
cruise control not working

( 2009 Tahoe) I just had the exact same problem, the solution is very simple. Order this replacement switch from Amazon:ACDelco D1539J Stop Lamp Switch Assembly Its about $11. The switch is located under the driver side of the dashboard above the break pedal. You will need a 10mm socket/ratchet & a thin flat screwdriver. Start by disconnecting the connector, remove the 10mm bolt, remove the retaining clip, then pull the entire Switch body towards you to remove it. Reinstall & you're done, test drive it to make sure you've done it properly.

Attachments

• 20140427_135606.jpg
    20140427_135606.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

zar19595

Reaction score
cruise control not working

I just had the exact same problem, the solution is very simple. Order this replacement switch from Amazon:ACDelco D1539J Stop Lamp Switch Assembly Its about $11. The switch is located under the driver side of the dashboard above the break pedal. You will need a 10mm socket/ratchet & a thin flat screwdriver. Start by disconnecting the connector, remove the 10mm bolt, remove the retaining clip, then pull the entire Switch body towards you to remove it. Reinstall & you're done, test drive it to make sure you've done it properly.