2009 to 2011 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has been a long time since I was on the forum. Lots happened in my life. I believe that the pic for my account is still showing the 2002 Tahoe I bought after talking on here but am now in the market for something newer.

I am searching in the 2009 to 2011 years and wanted to see on here if there was an obvious winner for reliability and just seat of the pants feel that you all can clue me in about.

I am still an ASE Master Tech and ASE Certified Service Consultant but have been out of the field since 2008 and am rusty except for whatever I have managed to retain from over 35 years in the repair business as a service manager but was out before the newer Tahoe's came out. Thanks in advance for any help.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I have stated a few times during my newbie back again post and this thread, I used to run repair shops but have been away from them since 2008 and am a bit rusty about what I may or may not have seen in the shops at the end. Since the 2011 Tahoe came out 3 years later I need some input. At the back hatch there is the gold Chevy Bowtie emblem that is affixed to the upper license plate cap and as far as I remember there is only license lights in under there. What I did notice about the emblem is that it is discolored in several places leading me to believe that water has gotten in there. Besides the license lights, is there anything else in there that could be effected by water soaking thru all that?

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the search is over. I was on my way to Corvallis, Oregon and half way there the seller called and said the 09 Tahoe was sold the day before. Would have been nice to get a call that day instead of when I was already driving there. I turned around and decided while driving back that the 2002 I have is what I am going to keep. The search for a newer Tahoe was a PITA. I went right to the tire store and put 4 new tires on my rig. Decided to reuse the factory alloy wheels. I am going to install a Corvette trans servo and open up the exhaust a bit. I am going to get the clear coat paint problem taken care of. The only place that shows is the top of the driver's side front and rear door. The rest is great. No dings or dents in the body. The front chrome section of the bumper has a dent on the right side at the edge of the license plate. Found a new one at Rock Auto. The leather interior has no rips tears or cracks. Everything works and there is no damage anywhere in the rest of the interior. Another member on this thread said he has heard many times that people got a newer Tahoe, NNBS, and then said they wished they had their NBS Tahoe back. In the 3+ years I have owned this Tahoe I have never had a problem. OOPS, take that back. Water pump leak led to new AC Delco pump, thermostat, tensioners, idlers and new belts. Even the rear heater and a/c works great. I even have the rear barn doors so this rig did not come with the rear 3rd row seats and I have a perfect condition curtain that covers the back. Future progress will be listed at the 2000-2006 section. Thanks for all the input.