2010 LTZ folding side mirrors acting odd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimedog1

Reaction score
I have not seen anyone with this problem yet. The problem happens sometimes and not at others.

I have to retract my mirrors when I park. I cannot extend them until I have backed out of my garage. Sometimes when I unfold the mirrors the passenger mirror is far out of adjustment - it is not in the preset position. However, if I place the car in park and press the preset button the mirror seeks it's proper position.

Sometimes the same mirror gets "lost" without folding and unfolding when I start the car and put it in DRIVE. I can place the car in PARK and recover the mirror's preset position with the preset button or adjust it with the controls and it adjusts fine.

This only happens with the passenger side so far. The car is garage kept and has around 90,000 miles. I have tried reestablishing the preset and have tried blowing compressed air behind the mirror into the housing in case some trash has worked it's way in.

Of course, I think if it was obstructed the mirror would not seek it's position with pressing the preset button.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this? What is the process the mirror goes through upon powering on the car? How does is know when it has found the right position? Is it optical? Is it mechanical? Is it ...????

Thank you for any answers...

Ghutch