2010 Tahoe PPV owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerry

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a used Tahoe and just seeing her stance was enough to make me want to buy her. It is a retired RCMP Tahoe that apparently was driven by a supervisor, not many cons if any sat in the back seat. It has 175k and I paid $8700 for her. Now that I have bought this beauty there are a few things I have noticed. I really am not sure how to find my way around this site for suggestions on things like:

1. Tire replacement-I am in Canada and the other day it had snowed and I turned a corner and gave her a bit of gas and ended up doing a 180, need to get used to the power she has compared to my old dodge caravan ;) Suggestions on brand, all weather/season vs summer/winter set, for ride and mileage, etc. The ride is fairly stiff, not sure if that is expected or could improve with better tires.

2. No center console is a real problem for me, I do need at least one arm rest :(
Where to look for something to fill that spot and give the rear passengers some heating/AC control?

3. The rear windows can't be opened by those sitting back there and they are not even criminals. If my kids were still small that wouldn't be an issue, but I don't need to operate the windows for them anymore now that they are grown ups.

4. Suggestions for driving lights? I drive on the highway at night alot and I really would like to look further down the road, lots of wildlife in these parts.

Any help with the above would be greatly appreciated, as I drive her more I will likely have more questions. I have noticed in the short time already when peeps see me they seem to slow down, it still has that unmarked police car look :smokin:

Thanks

lacbank813

Reaction score
Hello! I just bought a 2011 Tahoe PPV with 90,000 miles for 10K so i'm in the process of making it "family friendly" myself, meaning getting all the creature comforts inside. Couple of really nice center consoles on ebay, as well as some Navigation units OEM to the model. Also, mines came with the auto headlights w/ light sensing bubble, and backup sensors... but they don't work! I've read that the dealer can update the software, but am trying to gather more info. My horn doesn't work either! Have you added anything?