2011 Tahoe 2011 Dash Speaker Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marlisep

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the cover on the dash speaker of a tahoe? The speaker is rattling and needs to be tightened and I wasnt sure if the cover would just pop off or not. Thanks!

DUNERTUNES

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the cover on the dash speaker of a tahoe? The speaker is rattling and needs to be tightened and I wasnt sure if the cover would just pop off or not. Thanks!

Was the speaker loose? I just bought a used one and it's making a noise just from the vibration on the road. Very irritating!

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its just held in with retainer clips... you can stick a small screw driver between the crease of the speaker cover and dash and just pry up on the cover.. you might want to put a rag between the screw driver and the dash so you don't damage the dash

dcbeltran

Reaction score
Are you sure it's the speaker? Reason I ask is because my 10 Tahoe was doing the same thing. I ignored it for a while but it got worse and it ended up being the dash getting cracked and it spread towards the middle speaker. When I took it in for some other service I asked the tech about it and he said it was a known defect in our dashes and it was replaced under warranty.
-Dariel